Today, we are excited to introduce Gemini Custody™, a Qualified Custodian for your crypto. While we have offered custodial services since our launch in October of 2015, we have expanded our product offering significantly:
- More Cryptos — we now support 18 cryptos for custody: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Litecoin, Zcash, and the following ERC-20 tokens: 0x (ZRX), Basic Attention (BAT), Bread (BRD), Dai (DAI), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin (ENJ), Flexacoin (FXC), Gemini dollar (GUSD), Kyber Network (KNC), Loom Network (LOOM), Maker (MKR), and OmiseGo (OMG). Soon, we will be supporting even more!
- Qualified Custodian — Gemini Trust Company, LLC is a New York trust company and Qualified Custodian chartered by the New York State Department of Financial Services under Section 100 of the New York Banking Law.
- SOC 2 — Gemini Custody™ is SOC 2 Type 1 compliant. We are currently undergoing a Type 2 examination.
- Offline Storage — your crypto is custodied offline using hardware security modules (HSMs), multisignature technology, and geographically distributed, access-controlled facilities. You can read more here.
- Hardware Security Keys — secure your account with a hardware security key via WebAuthn. This provides hardware-backed, cryptographic proof that it is you (and not someone else) signing into your account and thwarts hackers even if they have your password.
- Withdrawal Address Whitelisting — secure your account with our withdrawal address whitelisting tool to restrict crypto withdrawals from your account to crypto addresses you whitelist. Alternatively, you can block all crypto withdrawals for your account.
- Instant Liquidity — instantly trade your crypto in custody on our exchange without waiting for it to be transferred out of cold storage.
- New Interface — new web interface and account features. Check your balances, download account statements, initiate withdrawals, and more. Give auditors view-only access into your account to confirm balances, transactions, and activity.
- Sub-accounts — create and manage multiple accounts with distinct sets of users, account balances, and unique, independently verifiable crypto addresses all under a single master account.
Security has been a pillar of Gemini since inception and protecting your crypto is a cornerstone of our mission to build the future of money; trust is our product. We are beyond thrilled to continue our security-first tradition by providing you with Gemini Custody™, an expanded offering of our state-of-the-art custody solution.
For more information, please see our Guide to Crypto Custody. We will also be hosting a webinar on October 7, 2019 at 12:00pm ET to discuss Gemini Custody™ and the state of crypto custody. Please join us!
Onward and Upward,