Being accessible to our users and prompt with our responses to customer support requests is a top priority at Gemini. Recently, our customer support wait times have been far too long for some users. We are acutely aware of this issue, and are working tirelessly to reduce wait times.
Following the launch of Gemini Earn and the growing interest in cryptocurrency, we wanted to speak directly to our new and existing users about some of the most common concerns raised to our customer support team and give you some tips for how to make your experience with us as seamless as possible.
1. Delays withdrawing funds from Gemini
Delays when withdrawing funds are most often caused by pending bank transfers (ACH), debit card transfers, or a delay in the onboarding process.
- ACH: When you deposit funds using an ACH bank transfer, the funds can take up to five days to settle, and while we immediately give you up to $500 to trade with, if your funds are in the process of settling you won't be able to withdraw from your account.
- Debit Card Transfers: When you place a buy order using a debit card, a two to three day hold is placed on your account while your funds are in transit, and you won’t be able to withdraw funds during that period.
- Onboarding: Likewise, if your account is not fully verified, you will not be able to withdraw funds until your registration is complete. Some of the reasons why your account verification may be delayed are highlighted next.
2. Delays opening a Gemini account
Ensuring that we comply with applicable state and federal laws is a pillar of Gemini’s business, and we take every precaution when onboarding new customers. While some users are auto-onboarded, there are times when we need to take a closer look at your application and the documentation you send us.
When sending us your information, make sure your ID image is clear, and that all the information you input matches your documents (e.g., the name entered on the registration page must match the name on your Photo ID exactly). If there are issues, we might need to get in touch and that could delay verification of your account.
3. Issues with wire transfers
The first step to ensure a successful wire transfer to your Gemini account is to link your bank account to your Gemini account before you initiate the transfer. We won’t be able to accept the transfer until you’ve associated your bank account with your Gemini account.
Make sure the name on the bank account matches the name on your Gemini account. We can only accept funds in your name to your personal Gemini account. We can also only accept funds to your Gemini institutional or business account in the name of the entity. If you want to expedite your transfer, include your “Account Reference Code” in the memo or notes section of your wire.
If you have specific questions about Gemini Earn, we welcome you to visit our Earn FAQ page.
For any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team by submitting a request via our help center. Our customer support team is growing, if you’re interested in joining us take a look at our open positions. We are always in search of great talent!
We are working around the clock to address all incoming customer support requests, and are eager to minimize longer than usual response times that some of our new and existing customers are currently experiencing.
Onward and Upward!