MAY 11, 2021
Gemini Surpasses $30 Billion in Crypto Under Custody
We are thrilled to announce that Gemini now has more than $30 billion in crypto under custody. Tracking with the impressive growth of the crypto market this year and increased participation from institutional investors, we have more than tripled our crypto under custody since the beginning of 2021.
Gemini Custody™ includes the following features and more:
- Qualified Custodian — Gemini Trust Company, LLC is a New York trust company and Qualified Custodian chartered by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) under Section 100 of the New York Banking Law, and subject to NYDFS capital reserve requirements.
- SOC 1 — we are SOC 1 Type 2 compliant.
- SOC 2 — we are SOC 2 Type 2 compliant.
- Offline Cold Storage — your crypto is custodied offline using hardware security modules (HSMs), multisignature technology, and geographically distributed, access-controlled facilities. You can read more here.
- Hardware Security Keys — secure your account with hardware security keys via WebAuthn. This provides hardware-backed, cryptographic proof that it is you (and not someone else) signing into your account and thwarts hackers even if they have your password.
- Approved Address List — create an approved address list that restricts your crypto withdrawals to approved addresses only or disables all crypto withdrawals from your account.
- Instant Liquidity — instantly trade your crypto in custody on our exchange without waiting for it to be transferred out of cold storage.
- Web Interface — our web interface and account features allow you to check your balances, download account statements, initiate withdrawals, and more. Give auditors view-only access into your account to confirm balances, transactions, and activity.
- Sub-accounts — create and manage multiple accounts with distinct sets of users, account balances, and unique, independently verifiable crypto addresses all under a single master account.
We serve a range of institutional clients, such as hedge funds, trading firms, corporate treasuries, and asset managers. In March, we announced Gemini Fund Solutions, which supports more crypto fund issuers than any firm in the world. We’ve assisted asset managers in successfully launching several exchange-listed crypto funds, including the first North American bitcoin and ether ETFs.
Our custodial services are used by some of the worlds largest asset managers including BlockFi, Blockchange, CoinList, CI Global Asset Management, DAiM, BTG Pactual, Caruso, Eaglebrook Advisors, and WealthSimple.
If you would like to learn more about our custody solution, connect with us today!
Onward and Upward!
JAN 14, 2022
Gemini Ads Available For Purchase as NFTs: ‘What’s the Best That Could Happen?’
JAN 11, 2022
Gemini Opportunity Fund: Investing in the Future of Bitcoin
DEC 23, 2021
Gemini Frontier Fund: Investing in the Future of Financial, Creative, and Personal Freedom